Los Angeles, Ca (PRWEB) April 22, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s theFashionSpot (tFS) (http://www.thefashionspot.com), the web’s largest fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, announced this month’s Guest Editor: John Patrick, eco-focused designer and founder of the clothing line ORGANIC—a path-breaking line of cool, contemporary, eco-conscious apparel. He joins a distinguished list of guest editors for theFashionSpot, including Emmy? Award winning co-host of Project Runway, Tim Gunn, renowned makeup artist and entrepreneur Trish McEvoy, singer Alanis Morissette, COO of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP Lubov Azria, celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez, and supermodels Molly Sims and Josie Maran.
“I’m delighted to see that theFashionSpot’s devoted following has embraced a topic as important as sustainability,” said Patrick. “While the eco-approach comes naturally to me, I rely on others to make this an ongoing conversation in the fashion industry—and the tFS community is, without a doubt, perfect for the task.”
John Patrick Weighs In On:
How Top Fashion Schools Teach Sustainability:
- ????“I am thrilled to see the responses—I am really impressed with the approaches taken by Parsons, San Francisco Academy of Art University, ESMOD Berlin and London College of Fashion. I think that a more holistic, environmentally-based END OF PEAK OIL dialogue could have a great impact on students, across the board.”
- ????“I personally think that ethics should be first and foremost taught hand-in-hand with design; students should be taught design and ethics simultaneously.”
- ????“I thought about [sustainability] for many years because it always seemed like there was never a clear grasp of how it worked when it was actually applied to the fashion industry outside of schools. It is nice to see that it has started to attract more students to it and become less of a niche interest.”
- ????It’s important for me to have an eco-approach to design because… “I can’t think about design any other way.”
- ????From the standpoint of sustainability, it’s important when shopping to remember… “where something came from or was made.”
- ????The best advice I ever got… “wear life like a loose garment.”
- ????I’m dying to splurge on… “a pair of handmade English boots OR Italian.”
“With an ethical approach to fashion that has truly set him apart in the industry, it’s no wonder that our time with John has been a rewarding and eye-opening experience for everyone at theFashionSpot,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “He’s done an amazing job of going above and beyond the call of duty to demonstrate the importance of sustainability; not only from his perspective, but through in-depth interviews he conducted with influencers and institutions in the fashion space.”
To check out the exclusive articles from John Patrick please visit: http://www.thefashionspot.com/author/john-patrick/.
About John Patrick
Twenty years after launching his career in fashion, John Patrick moved from Seventh Avenue to an abandoned warehouse in Upstate New York. It was there, in 2006, that he unveiled ORGANIC, his path-breaking line of cool, contemporary, eco-conscious apparel. Today the brand combines award-winning design, ethical production and a genuine commitment to standout quality and forward-thinking style.
Originating in July 2001, theFashionSpot (http://www.theFashionSpot.com) made a name for itself as an invitation-only community of designers, stylists and fashionistas that dissected designer collections, celebrating some and skewering others. Building on the largest fashion-focused community on the web, theFashionSpot.com has grown into a respected fashion editorial site with a strong and active community element. TheFashionSpot’s portfolio of sites currently reaches nearly 2 million unique visitors (comScore, July 2013), with close to 70,000 invitation-only members playing an active role in the site’s forum. It is that in-market participation and authenticity that makes theFashionSpot.com the largest community of fashion influencers online. In 2012 theFashionSpot was recognized by MediaPost’s OMMA Awards for website excellence in fashion and beauty. Recent brand advertisers include Macy’s, Tresemme, Anne Klein, P&G, Kraft, Coach, Revlon, Weight Watchers, and more. theFashionSpot is part of TotallyHer, an Evolve Media (http://www.evolvemediallc.com) company.